Public Media and Posted Comments
SELECTED MEDIA REFERENCES
· Friday Roundtable: Health care in a imperfect world; March 10, 2017; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/03/10/roundtable-health-care-in-the-future
· Stephen Parente discusses a key option for the Affordable Care Act; December 3, 2016; http://www.startribune.com/stephen-parente-discusses-a-key-option-for-the-affordable-care-act/404315736/
· Trump wants to repeal and replace the ACA, but with what? November 14, 2016; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/11/14/replace-aca-with-what
· MNsure's future even rockier after election; November 10, 2016; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/11/10/mnsure-future-even-rockier-after-election
· Obamacare is on life support; October 31, 2016; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/10/31/obamacare-on-life-support
· What will the health insurance market in Minnesota look like in 2017? August 8, 2016; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/08/08/what-will-minnesota-health-insurance-look-like-in-2017
· Research Spotlight: Stephen Parente: Health economist and professor. January 28, 2016; Pacific Standard; https://psmag.com/economics/research-spotlight-stephen-parente
· The future of MNsure oversight; January 27, 2015; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/01/27/daily-circuit-mnsure
· Health Insurance Reform: Are We There Yet?; December 12, 2014; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/12/12/mpr_news_presents
· Why PreferredOne pulled out of MNsure, September 22, 2014; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/09/23/daily-circuit-mn-preferred-one
· A look at ACA appeals court decisions, July 23, 2014; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/07/23/daily-circuit-aca-appeals
· Mayo Clinic is tops in magazine's hospital rankings, July 15, 2014; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/07/15/mayo-clinic-tops-in-magazines-hosptial-rankings
· Health care gets a checkup, December 12, 2013; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2013/12/12/daily-circuit-health-care
· Competitive challenges face Mayo Clinic, says health finance expert; January 31, 2013; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2013/01/31/business/qa-steve-parente-mayo-expansion
· Why Obama delayed health care mandate; July 3, 2013; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2013/07/03/daily-circuit-health-care-mandate-delay
· The economics of the Affordable Care Act; June 14, 2012; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2012/06/15/daily-circuit-health-care-reform-economics
· Minnesota still working on a single-payer health care option, July 29, 2010; https://www.mprnews.org/story/2010/07/29/midmorning1
· Star Tribune. Pressure to grow drives talks at Fairview, Star Tribune, April 6, 2013; http://www.startribune.com/business/201674331.html
· Pioneer Press. Minnesota health plans see increased costs in 2012, April 1, 2013; http://www.twincities.com/business/ci_22915811/minnesota-health-plans-see-dip-profits-increased-reserve
· Minnesota Public Radio. New health care law means costs will go up for some, March 15, 2013; http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/03/15/daily-circuit-health-costs
· New York Times. Medicare Needs Fixing, but Not Right Now, February 26, 2013; http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/business/medicare-needs-fixing-but-not-right-now.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=1&
· Star Tribune. A thriving Rochester is Mayo Clinic's only option, February 10, 2013; http://www.startribune.com/business/190434251.html?refer=y
· Minnesota Public Radio. Competitive challenges face Mayo Clinic, says health finance expert , (w/Audio), January 31, 2013; http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/01/31/business/qa-steve-parente-mayo-expansion
· WSJ / Marketwatch. Will ‘accountable care’ work for you?, January 29, 2013; http://www.marketwatch.com/story/will-accountable-care-work-for-you-2013-01-29
· USA Today. Op-ed on National Insurance Hub, December 6, 2012; http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2012/12/06/column-potential-obamacare-privacy-nightmare/1752211/
· Pioneer Press. Children's Hospitals christens its renovated emergency room, November 29, 2012; http://www.twincities.com/stpaul/ci_22085264/childrens-hospitals-christens-its-renovated-emergency-room
· Real Clear Politics. ObamaCare Faces the Implementation Iceberg, November 29, 2012; http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/11/26/obamacare_faces_the_implementation_iceberg_116241.html
· Star Tribune. St. Jude Medical's job cuts may pay off, November 2, 2012; http://www.startribune.com/business/177048491.html?refer=y
· Minnesota Public Radio. SCOTUS ACA Decision Live from DC and St. Paul, June 28, 2012; http://minnesota.publicradio.org/www_publicradio/tools/media_player/popup.php?name=minnesota/news/programs/daily_circuit_1/2012/06/28/dailycircuitsupremecourthealthcare_20120628_64
· National Public Radio, Choose Health Coverage Like An Economist, April 27, 2012; http://www.capradio.org/news/nprstory?storyid=151517655
· Washington Post, Aetna and Inova unveil joint venture for improved, cost-effective health care, June 22, 2012; http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/aetna-and-inova-unveil-joint-venture-for-improved-cost-effective-health-care/2012/06/22/gJQAOyoGvV_story.html
· Star Tribune. UnitedHealth launches new mobile app for customers, February 27, 2012; http://www.startribune.com/business/140661843.html?refer=y
· Pioneer Press. Mayo Clinic sees jump in revenue, February 22, 2012; http://www.twincities.com/ci_20021918?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com
OPINION – INVITED EDITORIALS
· Another Trillion? The CBO may have underestimated the cost of health reform. https://www.city-journal.org/html/another-trillion-10601.html; City Journal, August 5, 2009.
· Private Alternatives. (with Larry Smith). http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/28/private-alternatives/; The Washington Times, August 28, 2009.
· Why Health Care Is So Expensive in New York. (with Tarren Bragdon). https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703746604574461482860007734; Wall Street Journal, October 16, 2009.
· Five Questions on Health Reform Americans Should Be Asking Now. (with Paul Howard), https://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/five-questions-health-reform-americans-should-be-asking-now-2234.html; Investors Business Daily, December 9, 2009.
· Spreading New York's Bad Medicine. (with Tarren Bragdon). https://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/spreading-new-yorks-bad-medicine-2233.html; New York Post, December 9, 2009.
· Tax system can foster rational health care reform (with Larry N. Smith). http://www.gainesville.com/news/20100422/larry-n-smith-and-stephen-t-parente-tax-system-can-foster-rational-health-care-reform; The Gainesville Sun, April 22, 2010.
· A grand health bargain that cuts debt. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59208_Page2.html Politico, July 19 2011.
· Built To Fail: Health Insurance Exchanges Under The Affordable Care Act (Guest Opinion) (with Paul Howard). http://khn.org/news/061511howardparente/ ; Kaiser Health News, June 15, 2011.
· How the tax code could cure what ails healthcare (with Larry N. Smith and Sally Pipes). http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/medical-economics/news/modernmedicine/modern-medicine-now/how-tax-code-could-cure-what-ails-healthca ; Medical Economics, February 25, 2012.
· Potential ObamaCare privacy nightmare. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2012/12/06/column-potential-obamacare-privacy-nightmare/1752211/; USA Today, December 6, 2012.
· Mapping The Trends In Employer-Sponsored Insurance. (with Carolina-Nicole Herrera). http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2013/10/08/mapping-the-trends-in-employer-sponsored-insurance/; Health Affairs Blog, October 8, 2013.
· Exploding Medicaid bills will threaten budgets and health. (with Paul Howard). http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/exploding-medicaid-bills-threaten-budgets-article-1.1526369 New York Daily News, November, 24, 2013.
· The Need for A Smart Approach To Big Health Care Data (with David Newman, Amada Frost and Carolina-Nicole Herrera). http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2014/01/27/the-need-for-a-smart-approach-to-big-health-care-data/; Health Affairs Blog, January 27, 2014.
· Not so Fast; Here’s How to Count Health Sign-Ups. http://www.startribune.com/not-so-fast-here-s-how-to-count-health-sign-ups/242852451/; Star Tribune, January 30, 2014.
· National and State Impact Analyses of the ACA on Insurance Prices and Enrollment Beyond 2014 https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/files/2014/05/ParenteAnalysis.pdf; May 20, 2014
· The Short Unhappy Life of ObamaCare. https://www.wsj.com/articles/stephen-t-parente-the-short-unhappy-life-of-obamacare-1402441569; Wall Street Journal, June 10, 2014.
· North Carolina’s Affordable Care Act future is bleak. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article9133805.html#.U6hT6_ldVAc; Charlotte (NC) Observer, June 21, 2014.
· La.’s Obamacare future bleak. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/article_d41a2733-d419-571c-b37d-6dfdd1aa7774.html; The Baton Rouge Advocate. July 4, 2014.
· Wisconsin's Affordable Care Act future bleak; http://archive.jsonline.com/news/opinion/wisconsins-affordable-care-act-future-bleak-b99304086z1-265767261.html; Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel. July 4, 2014
· Florida’s Affordable Care Act future is bleak. http://www.tbo.com/list/news-opinion-commentary/floridas-affordable-care-act-future-is-bleak-20140702/; The Tampa Tribune, July 2, 2014.
· North Carolina’s Affordable Care Act future is bleak. The Fayetteville (NC) Observer, http://www.fayobserver.com/84a8c151-78d4-5b75-b6d7-73e7e77e57fe.html; July 5, 2014.
· The future is bleak in California for the new health care law. http://www.mercurynews.com/2014/07/04/guest-commentary-the-future-is-bleak-in-california-for-the-new-health-care-law/; The San Jose Mercury News, July 4, 2014.
· The future is bleak in California for the new health care law. http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2014/07/02/guest-commentary-the-future-is-bleak-in-california-for-the-new-health-care-law/; East Bay Times, July 2, 2014.
· Get ready, Hoosiers, for a health insurance jolt. http://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/2014/07/03/get-ready-hoosiers-health-insurance-jolt/12144949/; The Indianapolis Star, July 3, 2014.
· Alabama's Affordable Care Act future is bleak. http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/07/alabamas_affordable_care_act_f.html; The Birmingham News, The Mobile Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times. July 10, 2014.
· Affordable Care Act's future bleak here. http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/editorialboard/stephen-parenter-affordable-care-act-s-future-bleak-here/article_41ff06e6-9b52-5a4e-bdba-33f862739bd7.html; The Tulsa World, July 12, 2014.
· ACA ‘cure’ may be worse than the disease. https://www.abqjournal.com/428671; The Albuquerque Journal, July 14, 2014.
· When Obamacare takes full effect, NH will be hit hard. http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140715/OPINION02/140719463/1004/opinion; The New Hampshire Union Leader, July 14. 2014.
· Pa's Obamacare future looks pretty bleak. http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2014/07/pas_obamacare_future_looks_pre.html; PennLive, July 16, 2014.
· California’s Affordable Care Act future is bleak. http://www.pe.com/2014/07/16/stephen-parente-californias-affordable-care-act-future-is-bleak/; The Riverside (CA) Press-Enterprise, July 16, 2014.
· Florida’s Affordable Care Act future is bleak. http://www.gainesville.com/opinion/20140715/stephen-parente-floridas-affordable-care-act-future-is-bleak; The Gainesville (FL) Sun, July 15, 2014.
· Oklahoma's ACA future is bleak. http://newsok.com/article/5004540; The Daily Oklahoman, July 16, 2014.
· Affordable Care Act’s future is bleak. http://www.ocregister.com/2014/07/31/stephen-parente-affordable-care-acts-future-is-bleak/; The Orange County Register, July 31, 2014.
· Yes, we can transcend Obamacare. (with Avik Roy), http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2014/11/06/yes-we-can-transcend-obamacare/; Health Affairs Blog, November 6, 2014.
· By 2017, all bets are off on Obamacare's costs. http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article10182527.html; The Raleigh News & Observer, December 3, 2014.
· The lowdown on health costs. http://www.telegram.com/article/20141204/NEWS/312049985/1020; The Worcester Telegram & Gazette, December 4, 2014.
· ACA increases low now but will spike later. http://www.kansas.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/article4282761.html; The Wichita Eagle, December 4, 2014.
· How to understand the state’s health care premiums. http://www.starnewsonline.com/opinion/20141204/stephen-parente---how-to-understand-the-states-health-care-premiums; The Wilmington (NC) Star-News, December 4, 2014.
· Understanding 2015 health care premiums. http://www.argusleader.com/story/opinion/readers/2014/12/04/voice-understanding-health-care-premiums/19915733/; The Sioux Falls (SD) Argus Leader, December 4, 2014.
· 2017 will see health care premiums soar. http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/stephen-parente-2017-will-see-health-care-premiums-soar; The Grand Forks (ND) Daily Herald, December 5, 2014.
· How to understand Michigan's 2015 health care premiums. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/2014/12/04/parente-michigan-obamacare/19913061/; The Detroit News, December 5, 2014.
· Clock is ticking toward higher health care premiums. https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20141205/discuss/141209209/; The Cook County (IL) Daily Herald, December 5, 2014.
· How to understand Texas’ 2015 health care premiums. http://www.statesman.com/news/opinion/parente-how-understand-texas-2015-health-care-premiums/RXi6Dw9dTEaB7wu3lRmipM/; The Austin American-Statesman, December 6, 2014.
· Iowa's Health Care Premiums explained. http://www.thegazette.com/subject/opinion/guest-columnists/iowas-health-care-premiums-explained-20141207; The Cedar Rapids (IA) Gazette, December 7, 2014.
· Health care costs could dip next year. http://www.pnj.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/12/07/viewpoint-health-care-costs-dip-next-year/20051107/; The Pensacola News-Journal, December 7, 2014.
· Enjoy affordable Obamacare for now — big change is coming. http://www.tbo.com/list/news-opinion-commentary/enjoy-affordable-obamacare-for-now-x2014-big-change-is-coming-20141208/; The Tampa Tribune, December 8, 2014.
· Understanding Colorado's 2015 health care premiums. http://www.dailycamera.com/guest-opinions/ci_27079943/stephen-t-parente-understanding-colorado-2015-health-care-premiums; The Boulder (CO) Daily Camera, December 5, 2014.
· Debate over Affordable Care Act far from over. https://www.oklahoman.com/login?referer=/article/5373355?nok_redirect=yes; The Daily Oklahoman, December 5, 2014.
· Real cost of health law hits in 2017. http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/opinion/column/guest/stephen-t-parente-real-cost-of-health-law-hits-in/article_ab3a8473-6d8c-5dc2-a87b-0321d7df68dd.html; The Wisconsin State Journal, December 7, 2014.
· Coming to R.I. — staggering hike in insurance premiums. http://www.providencejournal.com/opinion/commentary/20141207-stephen-t.-parente-coming-to-r.i.--staggering-hike-in-insurance-premiums.ece; The Providence Journal, December 7, 2014.
· Study shows health insurance premiums could jump in 2017. http://www.mcall.com/opinion/yourview/mc-health-insurance-premiums-pennsylvania-parente-yv--20141205-story.html; The Allentown (PA) Morning Call, December 5, 2014.
· Understanding MT's 2015 health premiums. http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/columnists/understanding-mt-s-health-premiums/article_679c27f5-ac2c-52ba-aef3-8a23f69f488f.html; The Montana Missoulian, December 5, 2014.
· How to Understand Virginia’s 2015 Health Care Premiums. http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/parente-how-to-understand-virginia-s-health-care-premiums/article_ff520a67-dda7-588a-9c2c-970ade3626d2.html; The Roanoke Times, December 8, 2014.
· Obamacare price spikes are coming — in 2017. http://archive.jsonline.com/news/opinion/obamacare-price-spikes-are-coming--in-2017-b99405157z1-285146511.html/; The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, December 8, 2014.
· Understanding New Mexico’s health care premiums. http://www.santafenewmexican.com/opinion/my_view/reader-view-understanding-new-mexico-s-health-care-premiums/article_21413554-71b8-58a3-b5dc-24942fc931ff.html; The Santa Fe New Mexican, December 8, 2014.
· Obamacare debate far from over. http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/12/08/obamacare-debate-far/20102771/; The Greenville (SC) News, December 8, 2014.
· Wisconsinites should beware of future Affordable Care Act premiums. http://www.gazettextra.com/20141207/state_views_wisconsinites_should_beware_of_future_affordable_care_act_premiums; The Janesville (WI) Gazette, December 7, 2014.
· Obamacare rate-hike bomb could explode in 2017. https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/obamacare-rate-hike-bomb-could-explode-in-2017/; The Las Vegas Review-Journal, December 11, 2014.
· Obamacare pain will hit in 2017. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/contributors/2014/12/10/opinion-obamacare-pain-will-hit/20205037/; The Cincinnati Enquirer, December 10, 2014.
· How to understand Florida’s 2015 health care premiums. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/opinion/commentary-how-understand-florida-2015-health-care-premiums/iMFOjj7NYEOPS0lVzobI2I/; The Palm Beach Post, December 10, 2014.
· Florida’s health cost spike could still be coming. http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20141210/floridas-health-cost-spike-could-still-be-coming; The Daytona Beach News-Journal, December 10, 2014.
· Debate over health law is nowhere close to over. https://www.abqjournal.com/510352; The Albuquerque Journal, December 12, 2014.
· How to understand Alabama's 2015 health-care premiums. http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/12/how_to_understand_alabamas_201.html; The Birmingham News, December 11, 2014.
· Understanding 2015 health premiums. http://www.ocregister.com/2014/12/13/stephen-parente-understanding-2015-health-premiums/; The Orange County Register, December 13, 2014.
· Understanding 2015 health premiums. http://www.pe.com/2014/12/13/stephen-parente-understanding-2015-health-premiums/; The Riverside Press-Enterprise, December 13, 2014.
· How to understand Wyoming’s 2015 health care premiums. http://trib.com/opinion/columns/parente-how-to-understand-wyoming-s-health-care-premiums/article_70fe6887-cadb-55ac-9a89-e4a0ec59a829.html; Casper (WY) Star-Tribune, December 14, 2014.
· Hidden health insurance costs. http://www.fayobserver.com/2342472f-b855-5337-9f60-302b65b06185.html; The Fayetteville Observer, December 14, 2014.
· ACA premiums for 2017 likely to explode. http://archive.knoxnews.com/opinion/columnists/stephen-parente-aca-premiums-for-2017-likely-to-explode-ep-823714097-353790821.html; December 13, 2014.
· A Lull Before the ObamaCare Rate Storm. https://www.wsj.com/articles/stephen-t-parente-a-lull-before-the-obamacare-rate-storm-1418685506; Wall Street Journal, December 15, 2014.
· Affordable Care Act will deliver a big surprise in 2017. http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2014/12/affordable_care_act_obamacare_1.html; The Harrisburg (PA) Patriot-News, December 15, 2014.
· Understand Colo. health care premiums. http://www.coloradoan.com/story/opinion/2014/12/18/stephen-parente-understanding-new-colorado-health-care-premiums/20613687/; December 18, 2014.
· Health insurance premiums poised to spike in 2017. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/article_0b7ca4e8-b95e-5eaa-ad43-fc708bca5ece.html; The Baton Rouge Advocate, December 23, 2014.
· Health insurance premiums poised to spike in 2017. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/article_0b7ca4e8-b95e-5eaa-ad43-fc708bca5ece.html; The New Orleans Advocate, December 23, 2014.
· ObamaCare’s Prices Will Keep Surging. https://www.wsj.com/articles/obamacares-prices-will-keep-surging-1437087242; Wall Street Journal, July 16, 2015.
· The ACA in action: Trending toward terrible, with higher bills, fewer covered. http://www.startribune.com/the-aca-in-action-trending-toward-higher-bills-fewer-coverged/363426991/; Star Tribune, December 23, 2015.
· The Affordable Care Act's frightening future. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/12/29/affordable-care-acts-frightening-future-column/77795370/; USA Today, December 29, 2015.
· Affordable Care Act's future in Delaware. http://www.delawareonline.com/story/opinion/2015/12/22/delawares-affordable-care-act-future/77770348/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=; The Delaware News Journal (DE), December 22, 2015.
· More cost increases in Iowa's future under the Affordable Care Act. http://www.thegazette.com/subject/opinion/guest-columnists/prediction-more-cost-increases-in-iowas-future-under-the-affordable-care-act-20151228; The Cedar Rapids Gazette (IA), December 28, 2015.
· Nebraska’s Affordable Care Act future. http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/editorial/columnists/column-nebraska-s-affordable-care-act-future/article_6838f86e-4bf2-5bf0-a138-565ae96a8572.html?mode=comments; The Lincoln Journal Star (NE), December 26, 2015.
· Bleak forecast for Nevada's Affordable Care Act future. http://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/voices/2015/12/23/one-view-bleak-forecast-nevadas-affordable-care-act-future/77845888/; The Reno Gazette-Journal (NV), December 23, 2015.
· Obamacare outlook is bleak. http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/opinion/columnists/2015/12/27/commentary-obamacare-outlook-bleak/77883770/; The Cherry Hill Courier-Post (NJ), December 27, 2015.
· Affordable Care Act's future is bleak. http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/opinion/contributors/2015/12/28/affordable-care-acts-future-bleak/77767942/; The Greenville News (SC), December 28, 2015.
· The ACA in action: Trending toward terrible, with higher bills, fewer covered. http://www.startribune.com/the-aca-in-action-trending-toward-higher-bills-fewer-coverged/363426991/; The Minneapolis Star Tribune (MN), December 23, 2015.
· Do Health System Rankings Matter When Monitoring Health Reform? (with Bianca Frogner). http://www.insidesources.com/do-health-system-rankings-matter-when-monitoring-health-reform/; Inside Sources, December 28, 2015.
· New York's Affordable Care Act future: bleak and bleaker. http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/12/new_yorks_affordable_care_act_future_bleak_and_bleaker_commentary.html; The Syracuse Post Standard (NY), December 28, 2015.
· Affordable Care Act faces a dim future in Minnesota. http://www.postbulletin.com/opinion/stephen-parente-affordable-care-act-faces-a-dim-future-in/article_5fd22454-d248-5cb0-a3dd-82874108a107.html; The Rochester Post Bulletin (MN), December 28, 2015.
· Florida's Affordable Care Act future. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/commentary/fl-viewpoint-insurance-20151228-story.html; The South Florida Sun Sentinel, December 28, 2015.
· Oklahoma’s Affordable Care Act future. http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/othervoices/stephen-t-parente-oklahoma-s-affordable-care-act-future/article_c9d718c4-89d5-5d1d-a645-7964e7762065.html; Tulsa World (OK), December 29, 2015.
· Georgia's Affordable Care Act future. http://savannahnow.com/opinion-column/2015-12-30/stephen-parente-georgias-affordable-care-act-future; The Savannah Morning News (GA), December 30, 2015.
· Wisconsin's Affordable Care Act future. http://archive.jsonline.com/news/opinion/wisconsins-affordable-care-act-future-b99639183z1-363867401.html/; The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (WI), December 30, 2015.
· Missouri’s Affordable Care Act future. http://www.news-leader.com/story/opinion/readers/2015/12/31/missouris-affordable-care-act-future/78088074/; The Springfield News-Leader (MO), December 31, 2015.
· West Virginia’s Affordable Care Act future. http://www.wvgazettemail.com/daily-mail-opinion/20151231/stephen-t-parente-west-virginias-affordable-care-act-future; The Charleston Gazette-Mail (WV), December 31, 2015.
· Virginia’s Affordable Care Act Future. http://www.roanoke.com/opinion/commentary/parente-virginia-s-affordable-care-act-future/article_eef4f70d-bd09-5e6d-a29e-2f06adbf8dd7.html; The Roanoke Times (VA), December 30, 2015.
· Montana’s Affordable Care Act future is bleak. http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/opinion/guest-opinions/2015/12/30/costs-rise-obamacare/78095130/; The Great Falls Tribune (MT), December 30, 2015.
· Nevadans, nation face bleak future with Affordable Care Act. https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/nevadans-nation-face-bleak-future-with-affordable-care-act/; The Las Vegas Review-Journal (NV), December 31, 2015.
· 2016 will be a rough year for Pa. and Obamacare. http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2015/12/2016_will_be_a_rough_year_for.html; The Harrisburg Patriot News/PennLive (PA), December 31, 2015.
· Obamacare's future is bleak in Iowa. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/opinion/columnists/2015/12/31/obamacares-future-bleak-iowa/78003500/; The Des Moines Register (IA), December 31, 2015.
· Another Voice on Third Anniversary – ACAs Future Remains Cloudy. http://buffalonews.com/2015/12/31/another-voice-on-third-anniversary-acas-future-remains-cloudy; Buffalo News, December 31, 2015.
· Bleak future for Affordable Care Act in Illinois. http://www.journalstandard.com/article/20160101/OPINION/160109958; The Freeport Journal-Standard (IL), January 1, 2016.
· The future of the Affordable Care Act in Oklahoma. http://newsok.com/professor-the-future-of-the-affordable-care-act-in-oklahoma/article/5469925; The Oklahoman (OK), January 1, 2016.
· Economists: Rethink world health ratings. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/2016/01/01/economists-rethink-world-health/78190758/; The Detroit News, Jan. 1, 2016.
· Data show Obamacare will produce results opposite of what was intended. https://www.pressreader.com/usa/honolulu-star-advertiser/20160103/285636803735426; Honolulu Star, January 3, 3016.
· The Affordable Care Act's frightening future. http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/opinion/2016/01/04/stephen-parente-affordable-care-acts-frightening-future/78203158/; The Town Talk, January 4, 2016.
· ACA a costly failure in and beyond S.C. http://www.postandcourier.com/opinion/aca-a-costly-failure-in-and-beyond-s-c/article_62d93c0a-5f57-56e6-a435-bb6cf1d7ab97.html; The Charleston Post and Courier, January 4, 2016.
· Illinois’s Affordable Care Act Future. http://www.sj-r.com/article/20160105/OPINION/160109811; The Springfield State Journal Register, January 5, 2016.
· Affordable Care Act future bleak. http://www.news-press.com/story/opinion/contributors/2016/01/05/affordable-care-act-future-bleak/78297930/; New-press.com, January 5, 2016.
· Viewpoint: Obamacare Turns 3. http://www.pnj.ex1.ipv6.wh.gov.cn/story/opinion/2016/01/08/viewpoint-obamacare-turns/78501868/; The Pensacola News Journal, January 8, 2010.
· Health insurance premiums rising, covering less and less under Obamacare. http://www.wacotrib.com/opinion/columns/guest_columns/stephen-t-parente-guest-columnist-health-insurance-premiums-rising-covering/article_910d1d98-841f-5710-a349-cc887759c3f1.html; Waco Tribune, January 9, 2016.
· ACA not working in Florida. The Fort-Myers News Press, January 10, 2016.
· What is future of Florida’s Affordable Care Act? http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/20160110/opinion/160109423; The Northwest Florida Daily News, January 10, 2016.
· Louisiana’s Affordable Care Act Future. http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/opinion/our_views/article_f0455605-8e80-5460-aa99-71ffb59ed352.html; The Baton Rouge/New Orleans Advocate (LA), January 13, 2016.
· The Affordable Care Act's Elephant in the Room. http://www.investors.com/politics/viewpoint/the-affordable-care-acts-elephant-in-the-room/; Investor’s Business Daily, May 6, 2016.
· To Save Obamacare Exchanges, Drive Competition from the Bottom Up (with Paul Howard). http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2016/09/28/Save-Obamacare-Exchanges-Drive-Competition-Bottom; The Fiscal Times, September 28, 2016.
· Dropping the Individual Mandate Alone Will Not Collapse Obamacare. https://morningconsult.com/opinions/dropping-individual-mandate-alone-will-not-collapse-obamacare/; The Morning Consult, January 30, 2017.